Harness IP is proud to share that it has been named among the Top Ten Patent Firms for obtaining U.S. utility patents by an independent source. This marks the fourteenth year in a row that Harness IP has been named among the Top Ten most prolific law firms to obtain utility patents.
Harness IP was named number ten on the list by Harrity Analytics for obtaining 2963 U.S. utility patents in 2021. This includes issued utility patents from across all USPTO Technology Centers that list the firm’s name on the front page. In addition to this ranking, Harness IP was also named to the Top Ten for several Technology Center-specific lists, including:
- #4 ranking, TC 2800 – Semiconductors, Electrical and Optical Systems and Components
- #5 ranking, TC 3600 – Transportation, Construction, Agriculture, Licensing and Review
- #7 ranking, TC 3700 – Mechanical Engineering, Manufacturing and Products
- #10 ranking, TC 1700 – Chemicals and Materials Engineering
Other Technology Center-specific lists for which Harness IP appears in the Top 50 include:
- TC 1600 – Biotechnology and Organics
- TC 2100 – Computer Architecture, Software and Information Security
- TC 2400 – Computer Networks, Multiplex, Cable and Cryptography/Security
- TC 2600 – Communications
- TC 3620-3629, 3680-3689, or 3690-3699 – Business Methods
- TC 3770-3779 or 3790-3799 – Medical Devices
In addition to the rankings conducted by Harrity Analytics, the firm also made Juristat’s Top Ten list for TC 1700 based on a calculated score that combines metrics such as number of applications filed, allowance rate, and average number of office actions before allowance.
Harness IP was first named to a Top Ten patent firm list in 2009 by the publication IP Today. The firm has appeared on annual Top Ten lists every year since.
About Harness IP
Harness IP is celebrating more than 100 years as an intellectual property law firm. Founded in 1921, the firm currently holds a No. 2 ranking from IAM Media for providing counsel to 44 companies with the largest portfolios of issued U.S. patents. The firm also ranks No. 6 for filing the most patent applications on behalf of those companies. Harness IP’s attorneys and IP professionals focus exclusively on patents, trademarks, global IP management, litigation, and other IP rights. The firm has offices in Metropolitan Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis, and Washington, D.C. Visit www.harnessip.com for more information.