Harness IP, one of the country’s largest and most respected intellectual property law firms, is pleased to announce its inclusion in the 2019 edition of the international World Trademark Review 1000. The publication, which includes both law firms and practitioners, identifies the world’s leading experts in trademark law from 70 global jurisdictions and 18 U.S. states.
Harness IP is proud to work with companies of all sizes to develop global trademark strategies that build and enforce branding rights. Services include:
- Searching, clearing, filing and registering trademarks, service marks and domain names in the U.S. and abroad.
- Providing trademark validity and infringement opinions.
- Leveraging sophisticated software to monitor for conflicting marks and flag potential infringers for ongoing scrutiny.
- Negotiating and drafting trademark licenses and agreements.
- Safeguarding trademark assets in mergers, acquisitions, investments and due diligence projects.
- Filing and defending trademark and service mark Oppositions and Cancellations before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Litigating trademark infringement, trade dress, trade names, unfair competition and comparative advertising disputes.
In addition to Harness IP’s inclusion in WTR 1000, Principal Beth Coakley received special recognition as an “IP devotee with nearly four decades of experience.” The publication highlights Coakley as a business-minded strategist who defends and tenaciously enforces client matters.
Coakley prosecutes, enforces, licenses and maintains trademarks in more than 120 countries. Closely related to her practice, she is involved in multiple legal organizations. Coakley is currently Chair Elect for the State Bar of Michigan Intellectual Property Law Section, an organization for which she formerly served as the Secretary-Treasurer. She is also a member of the invite-only Michigan Intellectual Property Inn of Court, where she holds the title “Master of the Bench.” In the past, Coakley served this group as Membership Chair.
The WTR 1000 research directory, which focuses exclusively on trademark practices and practitioners, has firmly established itself as the definitive ”go-to” resource for those seeking world-class legal trademark expertise. To arrive at the 2019 rankings, World Trademark Review undertook qualitative research to identify the firms and individuals that are deemed outstanding in this critical area of practice. When identifying the leading firms, factors such as depth of expertise, market presence and the level of work on which they are typically instructed were all taken into account, alongside positive peer and client feedback.
About Harness IP
Harness IP has obtained more than 60,000 patents for its clients since its founding in 1921 and currently manages more than 17,000 trademark registrations for clients around the globe. Currently ranked eighth among the nation’s top patent firms in a 2017 poll by IPWatchdog, Harness IP safeguards critical IP assets on a global scale for Fortune 500 companies, private and public businesses, universities, inventors, artists and entrepreneurs. Harness IP has offices in the metropolitan areas of Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis and Washington, D.C. Visit www.harnessip.com and follow @harnessdickey for more information.