J. Bradley (Brad) Luchsinger
Principal / Detroit Metro Office
Brad’s practice focuses on both patent prosecution and intellectual property litigation. Brad’s experience in both fields and diverse skill set allows him to better serve clients by seeing “the bigger picture” in the work that he does. Brad also strives to understand client goals and expectations, and tailors his work product to fit those needs.
Prior to joining Harness IP, Brad worked as an intern and then as an attorney at a large Detroit area law firm. During this time, he worked on numerous intellectual property litigation matters concerning patent infringement, trademark infringement, trade dress infringement, trade secrets, unfair competition, antitrust, and false patent marking.
- McKeon Rolling Steel Door Co., Inc. v. U.S. Smoke and Fire Corp. et al., patent infringement, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- Bruce Zak v. Facebook, Inc., patent infringement, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Western Plastics, Inc. v. DuBose Strapping, Inc., patent infringement, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina
- Dassault Systems, S.A. v. Keith Childress, copyright and trademark infringement, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Cheer Pack North America LLC v. KSP Co. Ltd., patent infringement, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- UUSI, LLC d/b/a Nartron v. Robert Bosch LLC et al., patent infringement, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Dental USA, Inc. v. McClellan et al., design patent, trademark, trade dress and copyright infringement, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- Hitkansut LLC v. US, patent infringement, U.S. Court of Federal Claims
- Trackout Industries v. Pro-Tec Equipment et al., patent infringement, U.S. District Court for the District of Utah
- Lacks Enterprises, Inc. et al. v. HD Supply, Inc. et al., design patent infringement, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Federal Mogul World Wide, Inc. et al v. Mahle GmbH et al., patent infringement, unfair competition and trade secrets, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- V Semiconductor, Inc. v. Semtech Corporation et al., antitrust, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
- Promote Innovation LLC v. HMS Mfg. Co., false patent marking, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- Direct: 248.641.1281
- Fax: 248.641.0270
- firstname.lastname@example.org Download vCard
Brad has continued to build his litigation experience while practicing law at the Firm, with particular emphasis on patent infringement matters. He has also prepared and successfully prosecuted patent applications with significant experience in automotive technologies, medical devices, valves, electromagnetic devices and building structures.
Brad also has experience with patent reexamination proceedings, International Trade Commission proceedings, trademark opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, patentability searches and opinions, patent infringement searches and opinions, and patent validity searches and opinions.
Brad currently teaches a class on Intellectual Property Law as an Adjunct Professor at the Michigan State University College of Law.
Early in his career, Brad worked as an intern for the in-house legal department of John Mezzalingua Associates d/b/a PPC, a leading telecommunications hardware manufacturer.
Awards & Distinctions
- Michigan Super Lawyers, “Rising Star,” Intellectual Property, 2021-2022
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly, “Up & Coming,” 2017
- Multiple Book Awards, Michigan State College of Law
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
J.D., magna cum laude, Michigan State College of Law, 2011
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Pennsylvania State University, 2008
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. Court of Federal Claims
U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office