Harness IP is pleased to announce the addition of six new attorneys across its Metro Washington, D.C. and Dallas-Fort Worth offices. The new attorneys bring a range of legal experience and technical backgrounds that bolster the firm’s reputation as one of the country’s leading intellectual property law firms.
“We are seeing a tremendous opportunity for growth from our clients this year,” said Gary Yacura, patent attorney and Principal in the firm’s Metro D.C. office. “We are excited to start 2019 with a deeper bench of talented attorneys, and we look forward to providing even more efficient and comprehensive solutions to our clients’ legal challenges.”
The Reston, Virginia, office welcomes David Stein, Evan Liebovitz and Peter Firey.
- David Stein has more than 15 years of patent counseling experience, including a position as in-house counsel for the Cleveland Clinic. Stein holds a J.D. from Case Western Reserve University, an M.S. in Computer and Information Science from Cleveland State University and a B.S. in Biology from The Ohio State University, He is the process of completing his B.S. in Electrical Engineering through George Mason University.
- Evan Liebovitz focuses on patent preparation and prosecution for clients in the consumer electronics, software, mobile device and computer technology fields. Liebovitz holds a J.D. from Florida State University and a B.S. in computer sciences and computer engineering, magna cum laude,from Florida Atlantic University.
- Peter Firey also focuses on patent preparation and prosecution for some of the firm’s largest clients. Firey is able to leverage his previous experience as an engineer to provide his clients with practical solutions to their legal challenges. He holds a J.D. from George Washington University and a B.S. in materials science and engineering from Virginia Tech.
Harness IP’s Frisco, Texas, offices welcomes Bill Mason, Clint Stuart and Young Fei.
- Bill Mason brings more than 20 years of experience, including 15 years in-house counsel in the medical device and biotechnology sectors, to his new practice at Harness IP. He offers well-rounded counsel aimed at patent portfolio development and monetization. Mason holds a J.D. from Southern Methodist University and a B.S. in mechanical engineering from Texas A&M University.
- Clint Stuart holds more than 20 years of intellectual property law experience. His practice focuses on patent preparation, prosecution, and counseling across a range of technical fields, including medical device, personal protective equipment, oilfield, and mechanical technologies. Stuart earned his J.D. and B.S. in mechanical engineering, both with honors, from The University of Texas.
- Young Fei focuses his practice on preparing and prosecuting patent applications with an emphasis on medical devices. Fei, who is fluent in spoken Mandarin Chinese, earned his J.D., cum laude, from the University of Notre Dame Law School and holds a B.S. in aerospace engineering from the University of Southern California. Before attending law school, Fei served as a Captain in the United States Marine Corps.
About Harness IP
Harness IP has obtained more than 60,000 patents for its clients since its founding in 1921 and currently manages more than 17,000 trademark registrations for clients around the globe. Currently ranked eighth among the nation’s top patent firms in a 2017 poll by IPWatchdog, Harness IP safeguards critical IP assets on a global scale for Fortune 500 companies, private and public businesses, universities, inventors, artists and entrepreneurs. Harness IP has offices in the metropolitan areas of Dallas, Detroit, St. Louis and Washington, D.C. Visit www.harnessip.com and follow @harnessdickey for more information.