Jeremiah J. Foley
Associate / Detroit Metro Office
Jeremiah devotes his time and energy to protecting his clients’ array of intellectual property rights. He uses his mechanical engineering background and previous work experience to provide efficient counseling that protects innovative ideas and hard-earned competitive advantages. His practice includes working with clients in the software, automotive, manufacturing, and mechanical industries.
Jeremiah previously worked as a mechanical engineer in New York City where he managed skyscraper construction projects. These projects often involved green building and HVAC systems that further required Jeremiah to conduct mechanical and energy code inspections. He then gained manufacturing and R&D experience working in the medical device field for a world-leading orthopedic company. Having graduated in the top five of his class at law school, he now applies this experience and high level of performance to protecting his clients’ rights.
- Trademarks & Service Marks
- IP Litigation
- PTAB Proceedings
- IP Transactions
In the News
- Harness IP Team Secures False Advertising and Unfair Competition Jury Verdict
- “The INFORM Act: Will Counterfeiters Scatter Like Cockroaches Under a Light?” Total Retail
- A TM Lesson From Damar Hamlin's 'Did We Win?' Shirts
- Jeremiah Foley and Co-author Pen Article Featured in State Bar of Michigan's IPLS Proceedings
In his spare time, Jeremiah enjoys playing chess, reading, and working out. Most of all he enjoys going on long walks with his Australian Cattle Dog mix Georgia.
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- Best Lawyers, Intellectual Property Law, Litigation – Intellectual Property, Patent Law, “Ones to Watch,” 2024
- Incorporated Society of Irish-American Lawyers
- Michigan IP Inns of Court
- Michigan Intellectual Property Law Association (MIPLA)
- UDM Law Review, Past Member
J.D., magna cum laude, University of Detroit Mercy, 2021
B.S., Mechanical Engineering, Binghamton University, 2010
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office