Andrew C. Wegman (Andy)
Of Counsel / St. Louis Metro Office
Andrew helps clients in the chemical arts industries bring new products to market while minimizing IP risks and building profitable patent portfolios. With more than twenty years of experience as a patent attorney, he provides strategic guidance to companies ranging from multi-national and Fortune 500 companies to smaller companies and start-ups. Clients of all sizes trust him to provide expertly prepared state of the art searches, freedom to operate assessments, and patentability opinions. He also conducts due diligence analyses related to competitor and third part target technologies.
Andrew’s practice further includes patenting new products and processes related to chemical technologies. He counsels clients on chemical engineering processes, industrial and agricultural chemicals, pharmaceuticals and drug delivery systems, and alternative fuel technologies. In addition, he has an impressive network of patent professionals that he leverages to ensure his clients’ interests are protected on a global scale.
- Drafts and prosecutes U.S. and foreign patent applications in a variety of chemical arts, including agricultural chemicals, herbicides, fire retardants and suppressants, pharmaceutical and nutraceutical compositions, industrial chemicals and processes for the preparation, recovery, refining, etc. of these chemicals.
- Manages the worldwide patent portfolios for a large agricultural chemical company related to various commercial formulations, processes, and catalysts.
- Developed an intellectual property portfolio and strategy for a leading fire retardant and fire suppressant company with subsidiaries in the U.S. and Europe.
- Counseled manufacturing company on a range of intellectual property issues, including patent prosecution strategy in the U.S. and worldwide and product development with major personal care product manufacturer.
Outside of work, Andrew enjoys golfing, reading biographies, and activities with his wife and children.
AWARDS & DISTINCTIONS
- Best Lawyers, Patent Law, 2018-2024
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
CIVIC & CHARITABLE
- St. Raphael the Archangel School, School Board Member, 2008-2010
J.D., Saint Louis University School of Law, 2001
B.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri – Rolla (Missouri University of Science & Technology), 1998
Bar & Court Admissions
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office