Payroll Benefits Administrator
Harness IP, a boutique Intellectual Property law firm, is seeking an experienced Payroll Administrator and Financial Analyst to join our Accounting team. This is a unique opportunity to administer all aspects of payroll and prepare financial reports and analysis for Firm management.
- Payroll processing for various pay groups
- Ensure compliance with payroll-related laws in multiple states
- Manage benefits records and invoicing for all employee benefits
- Assist with preparation of financial reports and analysis
- Other responsibilities as needed
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a payroll administrator
- Full working knowledge of all aspects of multi-state payroll processing, tax compliance, and relevant legal regulations including 401(k), H.S.A. and Section 125 plans, ACA and COBRA
- At least 2 years of experience preparing financial reports and performing financial analysis
- Strong Microsoft Excel capabilities
- Microsoft Access experience a plus
- Positive team player
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance is preferred
Please submit your resume in confidence to HR@harnessip.com.
Patent Attorney/Patent Agent – Nagoya, Japan
Harness, Dickey & Pierce, P.L.C., an intellectual property law firm with offices in metropolitan Detroit, Washington, D.C., St. Louis, and Dallas, has an exciting and unique opportunity to place an attorney or patent agent in-house at a subsidiary of a large Japanese corporation located in Nagoya, Japan, which specializes in international patent practice. Qualified candidates should be registered with the United States Patent and Trademark Office and have 1 – 3 years’ patent prosecution experience with a background in electrical or mechanical engineering. The corporation will pay for moving expenses between the U.S. and Japan and will provide assistance with securing an apartment in Nagoya.
While in Japan, the candidate will be responsible for preparing and revising English language translations of patent applications originally filed in the Japan Patent Office before filing outside of Japan. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for analyzing and providing recommendations for responding to Office Actions from foreign patent offices.
The candidate’s commitment in Japan will be for a period of two years. Japanese language skills and prior work experience outside the United States are not required. The candidate will have ample opportunity to vacation throughout the Far East and the South Pacific region. No work-related travel is anticipated.
If interested in this one-of-a-kind opportunity, please submit a resume and unofficial college/university transcripts in confidence to HR@HARNESSIP.com
Technical Specialist or Patent Agent
Harness IP, an established intellectual property law firm ranked among the top ten patent law firms in the U.S., has an immediate opening for a technical specialist or patent agent in its Reston, Virginia office. Qualified candidates will have an undergraduate degree in Electrical Engineering (an advanced degree is preferred, but not required) as well as industry experience. We offer competitive compensation and benefits.
This position offers an opportunity to prepare and prosecute patent applications under the supervision of an attorney in a range of commercially significant technologies for large- and medium-sized clients from diverse industries including semiconductors, computer-related technologies, telecommunications, consumer electronics, digital image processing, and robotics.
Please submit your resume in confidence to HR@harnessip.com.
Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship Candidate
Harness IP’s Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship provides diverse, first year law students with career mentoring and financial assistance as they explore their interest in intellectual property law, gain a better understanding of working in an intellectual property law firm, and continue to excel in law school.
The Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship includes:
- A paid summer clerkship with Harness IP in one or more of its four Metro offices (Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; St. Louis, MO; Washington, DC), compensated at Harness IP’s standard summer associate rates.
- A $5,000 Scholarship upon successful completion of the summer clerkship.
- The availability of a mentor, with whom the candidate will work during the summer clerkship period, throughout the following school year.
- An option to renew the Fellowship following the successful completion of a first summer clerkship with Harness IP, based on mutual agreement.
To be eligible for the Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship, candidates must:
- Be a member of one of the underrepresented racial/ethnic groups defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, a woman, a member of the LGBTQ community, an individual with a disability, or a veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.
- Be in good standing as a law student at an ABA-accredited law school.
- Have a degree in engineering, life sciences, chemistry, computer science, or have substantial prior trademark, copyright, or related job experience.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities and community involvement.
- Contribute to diversity efforts through involvement in law school or other community efforts.
- Be a U.S. citizen or authorized to work in the U.S.
- Complete a clerkship with the firm.
- Have a strong interest in joining Harness IP as an associate after law school graduation.
Harness IP is currently accepting applications for the 2022 Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship. All eligible law students are encouraged to apply online. Please visit our Diversity & Inclusion Fellowship page for more information or email HR@harnessip.com with any questions.
The application deadline is March 1, 2022.
Harness IP is on the lookout for talented people to join our professional support staff. To be considered for a position as a Legal Assistant or as a support professional in our Records Services, Docketing, Accounting, and Information Technology Departments, please submit your resume to the Human Resources Director at HR@harnessip.com.